I was originally enamored with this little beauty:
|Pin. Original Source.|
I decided to make mine using little colorful bells and linen. It's a pretty inexpensive project ($7 maybe) but a little time consuming for the size of the project (at least an hour, maybe even two). But, isn't she cute?
Here is how you can make your very own:
You'll need fabric (I used linen), string or embroidery floss (only one, though I included both in the picture because I hadn't decided on a color), a needle with an eye big enough to accommodate your thread, a bag of mini bells, a star button, a mini embroidery hoop, and scissors, pen, and ruler (not shown).
1. Lay out your arrangement of bells and button to make sure that everything fits and color placement works.
2. On the back of the fabric, make a grid to show you where you'll sew each of your bells.
3. Cut a length of embroidery floss about 6-8 inches long and thread your needle so that your floss is completely doubled over. Start sewing at one of your dots on the back, insert a bell on the needle on the front side, and sew back through your fabric a millimeter or so away (front to back), only pulling the thread about halfway through.
4. Cut the thread to release the needle and double knot where you've just sewn (as shown), then trim the threads back to just beyond the knot.
5. Repeat steps 3 and 4 until you've sewn all of your bells and your button onto your fabric.
6. Put your fabric into your hoop and trim it back.
7. Hang and enjoy!
It's the perfect welcome to a little girl's room.
Are you ready for more Christmas projects? Check out the rest of the Pinterest Christmas gang throughout the month of December:
Misha: Emerald City Diaries
Maggi: Greg, Maggi, and Rodney
Abbi: The Pena Family
Kendra: The Gilbertson Family
Want to see the rest of this year's projects?
Felt ball garland